Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Idiot Columnists

Well, first post so let's just dig right in shall we?

So I saw a post in a Facebook group I am in. It was an article about a 10 year old girl with Cystic Fibrosis, like myself, whose Orkambi prescription was denied by her insurance. As of right now only people 12 and up are allowed to be prescribed this medication as the drug trials to get it FDA approved, only covered those 12 and up. Like what in the actual fuck. Of course the fucking insurance company denied the fucking prescription. IT ISN'T FDA APPROVED FOR KIDS UNDER 12!
This idiot of a columnist wrote a story (Which I will post the link to so all can read it.) about this girl being denied the medicine and it will basically save her life. Ok bitches for all you idiots out there who STILL don't know jack shit about it, ORKAMBI IS NOT A FUCKING GOD DAMN CURE!!!!

With that said how will this medicine even help her but maybe gain a few percentages of lung function back. But nooooooooo these people want it for the girls sinus issues. Alright the effects of Orkambi with the sinuses were NEVER studied in the trials to get it FDA approved. It was only studied for the LUNGS.

Currently the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is conducting a more broad scale study into how Orkambi affects the rest of the bodies functions which include the sinuses. I am in this study and it just recently started a few months ago.

Anyways this "writer" (I say it with quotation marks around it as we all know a REAL writer ALWAYS checks the facts before publishing a story.) also states that the girl has liver damage already. Anyone with a brain can Google Orkambi and learn that it can cause liver damage. Before I was prescribed Orkambi myself, I asked about the liver issues. My CF doctors told me that it is usually the people with pre-existing liver issues that tend to be the ones that have to stop the medicine. So why the fuck would they want to put this poor child through more shit with her liver? Like come the fuck on get some God damn common sense fuck heads.

Then at the end of the article the writer states that they are raising money on a GoFuckMe (GoFundMe, this is how I view that site.) so they can raise the money to get it for their kid. Like Vertex is NOT going to illegally give this medicine to this kid no matter how much of a sob story it is. They could lose so much if they did it including the current research going on.

I am so sick of these kind of stories. I really wish that the editors and writers took it upon themselves to fucking look up the God damn facts. If you are wondering, yes I did email the facts to this "writer" so she can know she fucked up for not double checking the facts.

For y'alls viewing pleasure:


I even included my email to the "writer". I dulled it down so she'd actually read it.

With Love,

Hollie Jesus

5 comments:

  1. Loved it. If you don't mind, where in NC cause that's where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live inbetween Asheville and Hickory in a shit hole called Marion. Thank you. I am so glad you liked it! 💋❤

      Delete
  2. you remind me oh-so-much of myself. Love the cussing bluntness of all you have to say. Yes, yes, yes. Cystic Bitches unite!

    ReplyDelete